Thursday, February 23, 2012

I want to ask question on my child's health condition?

I have twin daughters aged 2 years old. One of them is only weighed at 9kg. She refuses to eat almost everything and dependent on formula. She drinks her formula basically 18 oz a day. I give her multivitamin with lysine hoping that will improve her appetite. But it doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm very concern about her being malnutriuous and that will affect her development. Is her weight is acceptable for her age and what can I do to make her eat? For info, her twin sister is weighed at 12.5kg.I want to ask question on my child's health condition?try the peanut butter shakes kids love them and there nutritious but helps add weight gain.



8 oz of formula or milk

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/2 bannanaI want to ask question on my child's health condition?I just looked at a growth chart. Here's the link: http://www.kidsgrowth.com/stages/viewgro鈥?/a>

It seems like she is quite underweight for her age. Are you advised by her doctor to give her formula? Usually, babies are taken off of formula at 12 months. Are there any special circumstances? Premature birth?



In a normal situation, I would think that most would say that she needs to be off the formula and she will start to eat. But, I think the very best thing you can do is to take her to a doctor. Soon.



As far as making her eat, it's hard to do. You really can't force feed a kid. All you can do is offer it. Good luck.
  • muffler
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment