Thursday, February 23, 2012

Are there any low cost CHILD only health insurance programs?

Here is my situation, my wife and I have a 19 month old daughter who was born with a cleft lip %26amp; palate, she's had two facial surgeries already and ofcourse will need more surgeries and health care. Our "cleft team" is located in New Orleans and we live in southern Mississippi. My job although pays pretty good they don't offer health insurance, my wife was laid off at her job because of the slow economy and she was our primary source for health insurance. I don't have the option to change jobs myself and with my wife not working we can't afford child care..So we were thinking of Medicaide but our "cleft team" doesn't accept Medicaide. They only accept CHIPS, what if we get approved for Medicaide? You can only apply for CHIPS if you are denied for MEDICAIDE. Im so stressed out right now because Health insurance is so expensive. The lady at the Childrens hospital says our only alternative is to have her surgeries in a state hospital in MS. Not an option! I want the best for her.Help.Are there any low cost CHILD only health insurance programs?You should post on www.cleftadvocate.org They have some terrific parents of children with clefts that have been through the same thing you have..There is also a financial help page that gives sources for help..Have you tried Shriners? They do help with traveling expenses as well..I'd contact Debbie Oliver through cleftadvocate though..She's been through it, runs the site, and knows TONS about insurance..Good luck to you! I know you'll find what you're looking for!

No comments:

Post a Comment