Thursday, February 23, 2012

My child eats the cheese alone without adding it with bread my mother says it is not good for health. advice?

My girl child is very fond of cheese and she eats the cheese alone (only a slice per day she eats) without adding it with bread or someother thing. My mother says eating cheese alone without bread is not godd for health. please advice meMy child eats the cheese alone without adding it with bread my mother says it is not good for health. advice?For growing kids cheese is an excellent food. Good protein and good calcium. Ten slices a day would probably be much better than one slice a day. If she drinks plenty of milk then one slice of cheese per day would be enough. Cheese makes an excellent and healthy snack with or without bread or anything else.My child eats the cheese alone without adding it with bread my mother says it is not good for health. advice?
There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating cheese alone. If you are buying the American cheese slices, though, I suggest buying a better cheese, such as medium or sharp cheddar, and cutting it into one ounce cubes for her to eat. My husband and I both love cheese, and we often eat it plain, but we also add it to many different dishes, including Asaigo on Italian foods, Brie with different fruits, extra sharp cheddar in grilled cheese sandwiches, gorgonzola and or mozarella on salads. I love Swiss cheese and also the other cheeses from Switzerland that come with holes, and I eat that alone to savor the flavor.

Your mother may be concerned because cheese can be constipating, but if your daughter also gets fruits and vegetables in her diet, the cheese isn't going to 'stop her up' ... you would have noticed that by now. Just spread the 'flavors' out and let her try them all ... she'll be a better eater when she's grown if you start her off correctly when she's young. My child eats the cheese alone without adding it with bread my mother says it is not good for health. advice?Your daughter's instinct is to go for the protein and she is craving a quick source of protein because she is growing.



Show her that she has a choice for variety. Such as lentils for lentil soup or beans for bean dip or almond butter or peanut butter with sliced apples or peanut butter filled celery sticks.



She just needs to have a variety because doctors know there is a condition that develops from too much dairy every day without variety. That condition is anemia.



Symptoms are bloody noses and fainting spells. So, too much of one thing can cause a deficiency if she is only going for the cheese without variety.



When I was 9 going through a growth spirt, I kept going for the milk and corn flakes after school. After a while, I ended up with a doctor visit only to find out I had anemia from too much milk and not enough variety. So, I'm not sharing old wives tales, just my two cents.



If its just once in a while, then I don't see the problem.



If there isn't a problem, then your mom just said something that got on your nerves. Like, butting in and it affected you to ask the question on yahoo. LOL. Don't let her get to you.
She's only eating a slice a day? I wouldn't worry about it, it's not like she's gnawing on a huge chunk a day. Cheese is a very healthy snack that is rich in calcium. If you're worried, talk to her pediatrician and don't run to your all knowing mother for nutrition advice.My child eats the cheese alone without adding it with bread my mother says it is not good for health. advice?It's fine. Cheese is high in calcium %26amp; protien, which are good for the body. It is also high in fat, which is not good, but as long as she is eating just one slice a day, that is fine. My child eats the cheese alone without adding it with bread my mother says it is not good for health. advice?
your mom is tripping.my daughter loves cheese, no bread. the important thing is she is eating it she needs it for the dairy part of her diet.
Eaten in moderation (as with all things), cheese is an excellent snack for children. There is no harm whatsoever in eating a slice of cheese on its own.My child eats the cheese alone without adding it with bread my mother says it is not good for health. advice?
Its not big deal if she eats a piece of cheese on her own. If you want to make sure she is consuming bread, let her have a slice with some jam on it.
No it's not bad. If she eats WAY too much she'll get constipated but that's it.
it's fine,

just make sure you cut a small piece for her, so she doesn't eat alot of it...,
not exactly a balanced meal.. but aslong as she isnt eating a brick of cheese.. i wouldnt stress...

No comments:

Post a Comment