Thursday, February 23, 2012

I work with a child who is autistic, he urinates all over,can the smell of urine effect our health?

I smell urine for 10 hours a day, it is soooo strong. I would like to confront my boss with proof that the smell of urine can effect us. I have been sick since I started there and I am sure it is from smelling urine. I have not been successful on the web finding the effects of urine and our health. Please Help...I work with a child who is autistic, he urinates all over,can the smell of urine effect our health?You have not been sucessful because it is not harmful- the fumes anyway. If it were, lab technicians in hospital labs would have died long ago. Urine smells because of the small amount of ammonia compounds present. Urine is also sterile for the first 24 hours or so after it leaves the body. If he is urinating on carpet, that would of course hold the smell and become unpleasant- but not hazardous unless you were getting it into your mouth for some reason.

People who begin working around children often notice they are sicker at the beginning. This is because children are learning their sanitary habits, but have not perfected them. They tend to spread bacteria over a wider area, because they do not always cover to cough or sneeze, or wash up after the toilet. You can combat this risk by scrupulous hand cleanliness habits of your own, and waiting for your own immune system to meet the new challenge. This is the only option you have, beyond a career change. It doesn't sound as if you are very happy with this one.I work with a child who is autistic, he urinates all over,can the smell of urine effect our health?
It would seem to me you need to find another career. If you are sick, then get out.I work with a child who is autistic, he urinates all over,can the smell of urine effect our health?Dont know about the smell, but urine can carry many airborne bacteria which is bad for you're health.

So if you can smell it, odds are, you are breathing in the bacteria.

I'm a carer myself, and I still hold my breath when changing the pad, of an incontinent person, that has been on the whole night!
If you sniff glue you can kill some brain cells but no smelling urine is not harmful. It is better to smell urine than to smell car exhaust outside. Also you can drink urin you know that is what the tell people stranded by oceans. There is more water and less salt in urine so you can drink it up. Smelling it is not harmful even though it is unpleasant.I work with a child who is autistic, he urinates all over,can the smell of urine effect our health?Technically, urine is sterile when it comes out of the body. I don't think the smell can really harm you. BUT, it's not a pleasant smell and the mental connotations can probably make you feel physically ill. Smelling something you think is gross all day can make you feel sick. If you can't handle it, you probably shouldn't be working there. This child can't help it, and he needs people who can deal with the smell of urine.I work with a child who is autistic, he urinates all over,can the smell of urine effect our health?
It shouldn't cause any health problems. Urine is sterile when it exits the body.
Well, there is plenty of urine all over public restrooms, but you don't b*tch about that. Smelling urine can't hurt you.



It seems pretty clear to me you are in the wrong profession. Someone working with an autistic child should actually have some compassion for other human beings.I work with a child who is autistic, he urinates all over,can the smell of urine effect our health?
No..,doesnt the child wear diapers?If you cannot or do not have the stomach to deal with the profession you are in,I suggest you make a career change.If urine effected peoples health then I guess pediatricians and geriatric physicans and nurses would be sick.Get a grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment