Sunday, January 29, 2012

Spiritually speaking, do gamer nerds have a nervous breakdown when their favorite game becomes obsolete?

Imagine you dedicated years of your life to reaching a super high level and unfathomable virtual wealth in a game. Then you wake up one morning and there's a brand new game on the market that makes everyone lose interest in yours.



That must suck.Spiritually speaking, do gamer nerds have a nervous breakdown when their favorite game becomes obsolete?Well, they recently made a movie (and, so rumor goes, a sequel) about a couple guys who spent years of their lives reaching a super high level on Donkey Kong. (Called "The King of Kong")



Let me say that again, for effect: Donkey Kong.



Those guys are now more famous then they probably could have ever hoped for given their chosen area of expertise. If a game that was made 30 years ago is still profitable for certain enthusiasts, then there's potential for every video game to avoid becoming obsolete.Spiritually speaking, do gamer nerds have a nervous breakdown when their favorite game becomes obsolete?
That will never happen with World of Warcraft :) China's economy depends on it :)Spiritually speaking, do gamer nerds have a nervous breakdown when their favorite game becomes obsolete?No.
Then I would see what the other game is about then if I thought it sucked I would just keep playing that game.I'm sure that's what some of them do.Spiritually speaking, do gamer nerds have a nervous breakdown when their favorite game becomes obsolete?I somehow doubt that is likely to happen. Most of the games (non-MMO's) can be played for years and years (I still replay some of the old stuff from my archives from time to time) - so there is no "absolution".



What is more interesting here is: what is this question doing here? It should be in games section.Spiritually speaking, do gamer nerds have a nervous breakdown when their favorite game becomes obsolete?
probably not...cause first of all, that doesnt happen overnight. second of all, this new game is going to be better than the old one so you form a new dedication...
It does. I cried when Everquest Online Adventure for playstation didn't take off like I thought it would. That game rocked in beta and I had lived for it years before. My husband and I had to stop playing to save our marriage.



But I moved on. My husband plays WoW now when he has the time. I really don't like that game because I have bad flashbacks to the game it used to be. Do you feel better now? :) Spiritually speaking, do gamer nerds have a nervous breakdown when their favorite game becomes obsolete?
I just can't believe people still play counterstrike. spiritually speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment